Bits of Learning

Learning sometimes happens in big jumps, but mostly in little tiny steps. I share my baby steps of learning here, mostly on topics around programming, programming languages, software engineering, and computing in general. But occasionally, even on other disciplines of engineering or even science. I mostly learn through examples and doing. And this place is a logbook of my experiences in learning something. You may find several things interesting here: little cute snippets of (hopefully useful) code, a bit of backing theory, and a lot of gyan on how learning can be so much fun.

Friday, February 10, 2006

TTT - Talking to Teachers

Today, I gave my scheduled lecture at TTT, the workshop on Industry oriented software engineering.. It went off well. I couldn't connect my laptop with the projector there as the connecting cord wouldn't go into the socket of my lappy. I think, I could've got it right, if I got some more time. But I wasn't slightly excited as the laptops were being hurriedly changed between the talks. I had to use the provided laptop there. It was disappointing! :(

The teachers of Engineering colleges are brighter and more enthusiastic than our impression is. They do have a sincere wish to do better than what's already been done. Especially for an orphaned subject like Software Engineering.

I got to meet and talk to many of them. They appeared to be quite well-informed with many of the trends. I was also strongly aware that their knowledge of textbook material is quite thorough, which in my case is almost zero. Whatever I have picked up is through my experience and struggle. Though that may've a spark of originality in that, it also has blemishes of confusions and ambiguity.

Well, the experience was good.

Related blog:
workshop on Industry oriented software engineering.

No comments: